"A Weekend in Bed . . . "

Greetings,

Sometimes I find the best thing to do after a long week in the office . . . is curl up in my huge comfy bed and spend the weekend catching up on reading and movies. I have a strong feeling that the next few days will be a combination of a re-read of "Brideshead Revisited," the new movie from "Doctor Who," some strong tea, and Thai food from the place around the corner. Ahhhhh . . . . .

the wonderful work of marvelously talented Ken Fulk.

the calm colours and crisp linen of designer, Ginger Barber.

or maybe something more rural-inspired from Mimi Maddock McMaken.

some drama and romance from Jeffrey BilHuber.

or the beautiful colours and bold patterns from Cathy Kincaid.


Do you have a favourite place to spend the weekend? a favourite book? a favourite movie? Share any ideas you have . . .

Best wishes for a great weekend!
tartanscot


Comments

All I can think about is cocooning myself in the linen sheets on the bed, the down pillows...then waking to a bold cup of coffee in a beautiful china cup! Have a wonderful weekend, Tartanscot!
La Maison Fou said…
Huummm, Looks as if we have a theme here! Who doesn't love to stay in, curl up and sit back & veg out with a pile of books or magazines....even the lap top to peruse some sites! My poision is a large sup of jave with enough creme & sugar to make it a latte!
OMG, add an everything bagel with egg & cheese and now you are talking!
Thanks, TS...
Good Weekend to Ya!
Leslie
Tara Dillard said…
Oh, dear one. All your pics sooth. Words to delight, inspire, calm.

My bedroom has been yellow for 22 years. Perusing you this morning, something is shifting.

A shade of blue. Can it be?

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
Scott Fazzini said…
Ahhh, the weekend! Hands down the best part of the majority of my weeks throughout the year are the weekend! In the Summer months I like to stay inside and re-watch all of my favorite movies; Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Age of Innocence, Pillow Talk, etc., and hours of old Sex and the City episodes! But, this morning I'm catching up on blogs and watching How the Earth was Made on the History channel!! Yippee, the weekend is here!!
LadyeLisa said…
god, that sounds heavenly!

I love a Saturday morning warm enough to sit on my patio, Frappuccino in hand, with the fountain bubbling, and time to daydream over catalogues . . . pottery barn, pier 1, williams sonoma, coldwater creek.
I could play goldilocks in the Bilhuber bed, along with my current read Ashecombe, remote and netflix offering- the edge of love. la
Shani said…
I could spend all week in that room by Jeffrey BilHuber. And now I'm hungry for some Thai food!

Popular Posts